Tuesday 17 January 2012

Rome wasn't built in a day!

I feel happy with progress, really I do, but I can't help feeling concerned about the list of 'to do's' that just doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.  It is, I know it is, I'm just impatient and I'd like everything done last week!

Before starting this venture I worked out how I would set out my diary.  The first half of the week concentrating on my writing and related work, the second half in my "real" job, leaving the weekends to relax and enjoy.  The part I'm having great difficulty with is the relaxing and enjoying!  I have so much energy directed towards my writing related jobs at the moment, I find I cannot just spend time having fun on a weekend.  Okay, I managed relatively well on Saturday but by Sunday I was itching to get on with tasks, so that's exactly what I did.

Over the past few days I've managed to:

1. Create my very own Writers C.V.  Its actually 1 and a half pages long already!  Mainly due to all of the performances I've done in the past year.

2. Applied for a writing opportunity at Roker sea front.

3. Applied for a writing fellowship at University of Norwich.

4. Sorted out paperwork for a job I started this month.  My first official paid job as a poet!  Yeay me!!

5. And finally ordered a new phone.  Its taken me so long to order one, goodness knows how long I'll take to figure out how to use it!

I also attended Scratch Tees last night which is a monthly meeting for local spoken word artists to get together to practise readings and receiving positive feedback.  This is run by Apples and Snakes North East.  An excellent organisation to get involved with if performace poetry and spoken word is your kind of thing.

http://www.applesandsnakes.org/

Back to the real world tomorrow although I will have to fit in a bit of practise for my next performance which will be at Take Ten, The Cumberland Arms in Newcastle on 26th Jan.  Hm, I may also have to get in a bit of creative writing, something I haven't been doing an awful lot of either.  Oops!!

No comments:

Post a Comment