Tuesday 10 January 2012

Must Get Fit!

2nd week into my new role and easing myself in gently.  Last week, after such a productive first day, I decided to take stock of my stock!  I wrote out an inventory of all of the equipment I possess (for use in my office space) including stationery, IT equipment, furniture, etc and a list of items I'd need to buy.  The list didn't take a lot of time to write and is one side of A4 in length.  I then sorted out files I will be keeping records in such as mileage, timesheets, correspondence and so on.  Finally I made a list of everything I need to sort out, such as bank account, insurances, etc. which I will work through over the next few weeks.

Has anyone guessed that I used to be in admin?!  That obvious eh?!

Getting all of these little officey type jobs out of the way now will help me to keep organised when all of the work starts flooding in.  Well, it's good to be optimistic about these things!!

My first on-line interview is now available to read.  See below for link:
http://rachaelhdixon.webs.com/writershowcase.htm

I have also received the paperwork for the writing walks with Durham County Council.  I travelled to Durham this morning to do a recky of the walk I would like to do for them and discovered that perhaps I could do with a little fitness training before Summer comes.  The actual walk will take 2 hours with stops along the way for writing exercises.  The walk I took today lasted 1 hour and I've been in desperate need for a siesta since.  I am therefore blaming my exhaustion for any spelling or gramatical errors in this post!

And finally my plans for the week ahead - Apply for Red Nile Factory Night at Roker (opportunity for funding), homework from the Advanced Writers' Group I attend in Middlesbrough, eagerly await response to 3 writing competitions I entered months ago, enter more competitions....but first of all, before I do any of that, I really must......POWER NAP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment